Signups are open from 9/13/2016 6:00am to 09/14/2016 11:59pm.
Are you interested in becoming a BIRN DJ? Fall 2016 membership opens September 12!
BIRN members sharpen their performance skills and their musical knowledge in weekly live radio shows, sharing their favorite music with a worldwide audience. Members also collaborate in our various station activities:
- Live music recording and mixing
- Event production
- Marketing and promotion
- Music journalism
- Graphic design
- Video production
- Web design
- Station operations
Membership in the BIRN is open to all currently enrolled Berklee students, at the beginning of each semester. (That is, you can not join later in the semester.) Here's how it works:
*The first meeting of the fall 2016 semester will be Monday, September 12 at 6:00pm.
- All BIRN members meet every Monday night at 6:00pm in 22 The Fenway, Room 112. If you're interested in joining, come to the first meeting of the semester* and you'll get all the details about the organization, our training process, and how to sign up.
- If you choose to join, you will be assigned (based on your scheduling preferences) to a morning radio show that you will attend weekly to receive your DJ training. All new members learn to DJ on the air in small groups with an experienced trainer. The morning shows are a music & news format, and you choose the music.
- When you complete the first five weeks of training (which includes successfully performing your weekly show, attending the Monday night meetings, and completing some additional required steps), you cross a threshold after which the other BIRN activities become available to you (live recording, promotions, etc.) and you continue to do your morning show without your trainer for the rest of the semester.
- Once you have completed a full semester in good standing, you can return in later semesters as a fully-fledged DJ and pitch your own original show (alone or with co-hosts) for any available time slot.
- There is an optional single-credit course, MTEC-200, that you can take to receive a grade and college credit for your participation in the BIRN. The course is not required to participate; your experience is the same either way.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org